November 12, 2013
RE: Corporate Sponsorship for Junction Arts and Music Society of Haines Junction
Junction Arts and Music Society (JAM) is heading into our 15th year of nurturing the arts in Haines Junction. We are a not-for-profit society dedicated to the promotion of the community’s interest in arts events. It is important to JAM that our community has a vibrant and sustainable arts scene and that our youth are supported and nurtured to explore the arts. We rely on a dedicated group of volunteers to hold an average of fifteen events per year, roughly once per month. We endeavour to provide a broad range of events, from performing and visual arts to literary arts to film screenings to workshops. Since Junction Arts and Music’s inception, we have presented over three hundred events and entertained over twelve thousand people. The following are a small sampling of some of the events that JAM has brought to the community:
- Yukon Women in Music concerts and workshops; 2000, 2007, 2008, 2013
- Susie Arioli Swing Band; January 2001
- Madagascar Slim; February 2002
- Live Words Writer’s Festival; ongoing since 2004
- Summer Film Nights; ongoing since 2004
- Jamberries – monthly craft and music workshops throughout the year for babies to seven-year-olds; ongoing since 2008
- Major Conrad Black (children’s entertainer); November 2010
- New Year’s Eve Bash 2010 with Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans; December 2010
- Gwaandak Theatre performance of ‘Cafe Daughter’ and ‘Justice’; 2011 and 2012
- Yukon Gold Comics with Mickey D of Australia; January 2013
JAM is mainly funded through the Arts Operating Fund. Government funding can be removed at any time, as recent budget cuts show. As a dedicated presenter of arts and music in Haines Junction, JAM would like to become less dependant on government funding and secure corporate sponsorships to ensure arts programming continues to be a vibrant part of the fabric of our community.
We are asking for sponsorship from companies that do business in Haines Junction and we hope you will consider offering your support for JAM. Below are the annual sponsorship levels.
- $5000 or more -As a cranberry sponsor you will receive four complementary tickets to all events for the year; your logo on all JAM event promotion; recognition at all events; listing as a cranberry sponsor on the sponsorship page of JAM’s website with a link to your website.
- $1000 up to $5000 – As a blueberry sponsor you will receive two complementary tickets to all events for the year; recognition at all events; listing as a blueberry sponsor on the sponsorship page of JAM’s website with a link to your website.
- $500 up to $1000 – As a raspberry sponsor you will receive two tickets to an event of your choice; recognition at all events; listing as a raspberry sponsor on the sponsorship page of JAM’s website with a link to your website.
- If you are unable to participate in the sponsorship levels, any level of donation will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much and we appreciate your time in considering this letter.
JAM Sponsorship Committee