Are you an administrator passionate about community arts and music?Then have we got the job for you!
Apply to be our Administrative Coordinator and work from anywhere – it’s a remote contract position. You’ll need to enjoy working in a team, have strong administrative skills, love the art/music scene, and have reliable internet. Please provide a cover letter describing why you might be a good fit, and up to date resume/CV and 3 references (or be prepared to share them upon request)
Here’s the official posting:
Junction Arts and Music Society
Location: Anywhere with good internet access
Closing Date: 4:30 pm August 5th, 2019
Junction Arts and Music Society (JAM) is a volunteer run society that aims to promote arts and music
in the community of Haines Junction and has been doing so for over 20 years. Monthly community
programming generally runs from September to May and includes art, theatre and music
performances as well as workshops that promote community and youth involvement.
Reporting to the JAM board, this person is responsible for coordinating public arts and music
programming and for administering obligations of the Society. General tasks include:
• Planning, coordinating, promoting, and evaluating arts and music programming including workshops, events
and performances within the approved budget
• Preparing reports on programming activities
• Exploring, maintaining and developing programming partnerships
• Preparing and submitting funding proposals and fulfilling all obligations of funding agreements
• Managing social media presence, mainly Facebook
• Managing daily operations, maintenance and promotion of JAM
• Communicating with a broad range of organizations and individuals involved with arts
Average of 40hr/mo. Compensation is $25/hr. Contract duration is 2 years.
Qualification and experience:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Innovative and passionate about the arts
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to develop a budget for funding applications
• Prior volunteer society administrative experience would be a great asset though is not
completely necessary as long as the person is willing and able to recognize and acquire new
The applicant is requested to include a cover letter and a resume that demonstrates your
qualifications and experience relevant to this contract opportunity, as well as three references.
For a more detailed description of the contract duties, please refer to our website at junctionjam.ca
For more information and to apply please email:
Click here to download the detailed: job description
When: July 15th, 2019. Doors open 7:30. Show at 8pm
Where: St. Elias Convention Centre, Haines Junction YT.
Cost: $20 at the door ($10 seniors/youth) Kids free.
*There will be a cash bar available so minors need to be accompanied by an adult.
This is a don’t miss show!
“If you haven’t seen Terra Lightfoot perform live, then do yourself a favour and get a ticket next time she’s in town. Lightfoot is the total package: she can write a hooky tune, rip through a blistering guitar solo and sing the hell out of any song she likes” – CBC Music terralightfoot.com
Since 1999, Junction Arts & Music (JAM) has nurtured the arts in Haines Junction by offering an annual average of twenty high-quality concerts, theatre productions, film screenings, readings, and children’s events. JAM features Yukon performers as well as national and international artists. Our society’s active board members and executive director steer our non-profit organization to facilitate these productions and workshops within our community with the help of many local volunteers.
To contact us:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org FB: @hainesjunctionJAM