The JAR Program runs every other year. The next program will be offered in 2020. Please check back in Fall, 2019 for application instructions. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The Junction Artist in Residence Program is a three month-long artist in residence experience, where the artist will be immersed in the culture, landscape and community of the Kluane region. The artist will capture this experience by creating a piece or collection of wearable art or fashion.
This residency uses fashion as the focus as a way to connect to the local and traditional fashions and textiles of the Kluane region and Yukon Territory at large. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Canadian fashion and textile artists as it is one of the only residencies of its kind. The JAR program provides a challenging yet rewarding experience for the artist, due to its length and of course the choice of fashion as a non-conventional medium for residency programs.
- 3-month residency program in the Village of Haines Junction, Yukon Territory, located on the outskirts of the spectacular Kluane National Park and Reserve and the Traditional Territory of the Champagne and Aishihik First Nations and Kluane First Nation.
- Housing/studio space and food stipend provided.
- Most artist material costs covered.
- Monthly honorarium, with bonus honorarium for additional workshops, presentations and events.
- Final presentation of works (ex: fashion show, gallery display, public presentation, etc.). The artist will determine how to present their results.
- NOTE: Transportation and additional food costs are the participant’s responsibility.
JAR General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
JAR Program and Event Coordinator – email@example.com
Support the JAR Program
As a partner with the JAR program, you can support us in many ways;
- Connect with the artist during the residency
- Donate textiles, clothing, fabric, and other relevant materials for the artist’s endeavors
- Visit or participate in JAR related events, receptions and presentations during the program
- Sign up for the JAM Mailing List to be updated with offerings and requests related to the JAR Program
- Share your knowledge of textiles, fashion & other creative practices with the artist
- Participate in or volunteer for JAR programming.
- Consider giving affordable or free housing for the artist in residence. This housing will serve as accommodation and/or a studio space.
- Promote your business or organization by becoming an official program sponsor
- Donate funds to support the program